I am prone to self-inflicted injuries.
I've never been what one would call graceful. The only time I truly had 'grace' was downhill skiing. I actually had really nice form and looked like I knew what I was doing.
I'm clumsy. I'm easily distracted. I don't pay attention. I move too quickly. I'm too boisterous. Someone described my clumsiness as a result of my personality being too big for my body. I like that explanation the best.
I will say that I have been really lucky in that I haven't been seriously injured as a result of said too large personality in too small body. Yes, I've had stitches as a result. And a broken arm. But for the most part, I'm pretty intact. I'm pretty sure I have bruises on my body all of the time, or a small cut, or some weird thing going on as a result of it. I just don't pay attention to them usually.
But now, I'm acutely aware of all self-inflicted injuries. So is my coach. She has threatened to wrap me in bubble wrap until the Challenge. I of course laughed at that thought. No, it's not that bad. I'll be fine.
Let's do an inventory:
August-As a result of bad form, bad shoes and not really knowing what I was doing, I injured my tensor fascia latea (a hip flexor muscle) which required me to learn how to run for 2 months
September-The unfortunate blender incident
October-Injury free
November-Injury free
Last Thursday-total yard sale in front of my house while walking to car. Twisted my ankle.
Today-My thumb got in the way of a potato peeler
Large personality in a too small body
No comments:
Post a Comment