Saturday, September 5, 2015

Not sure what I'm doing

They have changed Penticton to be a 'long-distance' course, which is shorter than a full. they are ramping up for the 2017 world championship long distance, and want 2016 to be a warm up for that.

And so now, my plans have been derailed. But here's the thing....
If I was completely mentally and emotionally sold on completing another Ironman, wouldn't I not care? I would just keep training, pick another one, sign up and do that one. And yet I haven't.

I poked around at the Boulder one in August. I also thought about just doing the long distance course at Penticton. Additionally, talked with my nephew about doing a 1/2 at lake stevens. And yet...i don't commit.

I've committed to (and excited about) doing several running races over the next year:
1. Beat the blerch next weekend
2. hot chocolate 15k in march
3. Pixie Dust Challenge (10k and 1/2 marathon in one weekend) in May

And yet, no commitment to an Ironman. And I feel a sense of relief from not committing. What does that mean?

Going to go run 6 miles and think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment