Thursday, February 1, 2018

2018 plans - in writing

So, the first month of 2018 is done, and I've already completed one of my goals: FINISH THE MARATHON!

I have also suffered the first injury of the year. This one was not from clumsiness, but from overuse. Anterior tibial tendonitis. Spent 3 weeks in a boot, feeling better, and back to light running already.

What does 2018 have in store for the sometime athlete? Let's write down the plan, shall we:

  1. January - Marathon - woot! Done! 
  2. February - Short distance conversational pace training
  3. March - Seattle Hot Chocolate 15k - I will not be breaking any land speed records for this race, as I'm not cleared to run speed work yet. Will pick up mileage after to prepare for april
  4. April - WDW Dark Side Challenge. 10k Saturday, 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Spur of the moment decision to run this race again. I am a sucker for runDisney. For the foreseeable future, they aren't running races in Disneyland, so I have to commit to a much longer travel to do them, but I do so love them! I am very fortunate to have many friends who enjoy running, and several of them love Disney, so it's a good combination.  Running! Disney! What else does a girl need!!!
  5. May - nothing planned at the moment, other than maintenance miles, prepping for September goal
  6. June - official training begins for Beat the Blerch.
  7. July - See June training. Specific goal - DO NOT BREAK ANY ARMS DURING ANY TRAINING RUNS. more on that later
  8. August - See June and July
  9. September - Project 1:59, Beat the Blerch. #subtwohours #whosethealphanowbitch
  10. October - Maintenance mileage
  11. November - WDW Wine and Dine! 10k Saturday, 1/2 Marathon Sunday. What!!! Yes, going back again! With my girl friends. 
  12. December - Maintenance mileage
  13. January - The Dopey...........? Commitment must happen in April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment