It's official. I don't know how to run. I must spend the next 2 months learning how to run correctly.
According to the doc, my tensor fascia latae muscle is really inflammed. Additionally, I have IT that are pretty tight. And pelvic instability. Not mental instability which most people have suspected since I announced what I'm doing.
The good news is that it is but a small bump on my journey. I need to rest that muscle until the inflammation goes down (couple of days to a couple of weeks, depending). It already feels better after three days of no running. Additionally, as long as it feels okay, I can continue to train my other sports.
So, what's the bad news. There really is no bad news, other than I have to learn to run. What does that mean you ask? It means I get to spend the next two months side stepping, skipping, running backwards, striding, high stepping, and butt kicking up and down my street. Relearning how to land on my foot correctly (mid-foot, not heel strike), stabilize my core while running, engaging and training the right muscles.
Now performing three times a week on my street-The Learning to Run Monkey!
No comments:
Post a Comment