I learned several things last week, which included a trip to Vegas
First, I must state the reason for the trip to Las Vegas. My niece is Miss Colorado, which means she was in the Miss America Pageant. No, I do not normally care of such things. But COME ON! How often do you actually know someone standing on the stage at the Miss America Pageant? I had to go.
And now for the lessons I learned:
1. I seem to have reached a new level of commitment. 7 am on Saturday morning, I'm in the gym at the hotel, on the treadmill, stomping out 5.5 miles on the treadmill
2. I do not like running on a treadmill
3. I can successfully wear, and not hurt myself, 5.5 inch heels
4. I am seem to be moderately lucky at quarter poker
5. I'm freakily lucky at nickel slots played while walking out of the casino-One pull, 32 dollars
6. When I'm tired enough and I don't pick up my feet while running, I will trip and fall on the smallest of cracks in the sidewalk
7. My calf muscles look AMAZING in heels
8. I shouldn't eliminate sugar one week prior to going to Vegas, only to reintroduce it in Vegas
9. My body doesn't like it when I do #8 and caused me unbelievable fatigue on Monday and Tuesday of this week (which resulted in #6 happening)
10. No matter how much bling and glitter and glitz you have on your person, you will not be the most bedazzled person at the Miss America Pageant
No comments:
Post a Comment