Monday, April 29, 2013

Got Brain?

It is amazing to me how quickly the days and weeks go by.

When I started this blog, I promised myself I would write at least one post a week. FAIL!

In my defense, it's been kind of a freakish week. It started with some really weird symptoms I was having. It felt like I was sitting in water. I have had this sensation before, but it was my left knee cap sitting in water. This was my butt. In water. Very odd. And then it developed into the sensation of water running down my back. Whilst still sitting in water. And that was really strange. If I was laying down, on my side, it was still running down my back, from my neck to my butt. Yes, the same butt that felt like it was sitting in water. I had just had a very stressful event at work when this thing hit.

As I have stated before, I have a wide breadth of medical knowledge, that is surface deep. Just enough....to be really fucking dangerous. I have heard of these sensations before, and I know what has been diagnosed after. Not all the time, but enough so that when I went to see my doctor, he sent me to the neurologist, who sent me for an MRI.

It has been confirmed. I have a brain. A 100% intact brain. Nothing but healthy looking grey matter. Additionally, I have a spinal column that is just as healthy, minus the herniated disc C3-4. And my blood is fantastic, with no weirdness. Just boring old blood.

So the real question is, what in the hell is it? Idiopathic parethesia. Awesome! Freakish weirdness that will probably come and go throughout my life, particularly with times of stress. I suppose it makes sense that this has come on now, given what I'm putting my body through. Right now, I only have the sensation of a hair between my shoulder blades. The water sensations are gone.

I am relieved that it is nothing serious and that I can proceed onward with out issue. But it really did give me pause for thought. And it made me realize, once again, what a gift the human body is. Do not take it for granted. We really do only get one. And damn it, if its going to freak out on me and do weird shit, it's because I am pushing it harder than I ever thought possible. Not because I'm sitting on a coach. I'm going to earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment