Sunday, July 28, 2013

Doing things

I've been doing stuff.

I have had some ups and downs over the last several weeks.

I have advice to avoid the downs

  1. Never ever ever run in shoes that are only 1/2 a size too small-if you want to do this, you can have completely jacked up feet that won't let you run without significant pain
  2. When riding up a hill at about 7 miles per hour, do not fall over-160 pounds landing on the point of your elbow and your hip hurts and causes you to not be able to finish the remaining 75 miles of your 100 mile ride
  3. Do not get a pre-migraine aura during the run of an olympic distance tri-you will not be able to see out of your right eye during your run, and once the heart rate goes down after, you are left with a very bad headache for 3 days
I have emotions about the ups
  1. Thanks to the healing hands of my PT, I no longer have pain in my feet during or after running
  2. I have run 16 miles in a row
  3. I have pushed through a solo century. This was hard to do as all previous centuries have been riding with other people, and supported so that I didn't have to worry about food/drink. This was a total solo effort. I wanted to stop. Many times. I did not. 

Some other things worth noting
  1. There is no oxygen at 7500 feet, and running is difficult when there is no oxygen
  2. I am very tired
  3. I am less then 1 month out from my event

No comments:

Post a Comment