Sunday, July 7, 2013

My right foot

Is giving me some troubles. Very very bad timing for this.

It started after my mock 1/2 I did. I woke up on Monday barely able to put weight on it. I was leaving for two weeks in Japan on the very next Thursday, so I immediately got it looked at, concerned that I had a stress fracture in my foot. Thankfully, no fracture, but an inflammation from overuse. On the Thursday following, I left for two weeks in Japan. Much of that time was spent walking, on my feet, etc. I also tried to do some running while there. That did not help.

I can no longer run without it flaring up and hurting. I'm working with PT, still riding and swimming, but the running is taking a hit.

This is the first time during this journey that I've been injured and I've thought "Crap, this really could screw things up for me".

I will persevere. I have come to far, and trained too much to let this stop me. I might not have the best run of my life, but I'm gonna kick the shit out of my swim and bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment