It's a funny thing to ask me at this point. Not because it's uncaring, or that it's wrong. It actually is a great opening for me to talk endlessly about what's happening and how I'm feeling and all things triathlon. I really hope I'm not boring my co-workers, my family, my friends. I'm just really excited!
So why is it a funny thing to ask? Because if I'm not ready, I'm screwed.
I have exactly 3 tasks right now
- Stay loose and limber, keep my muscles moving. I'm in taper which means my workouts are much less and I'm not working nearly as hard. In fact, I've been taking even more time to not work out right now, less than my planned workouts. I'm doing this for a variety of reasons, but the number one is that I'm tired and my family needs/wants me at home. So workouts now are just about keeping my muscles fresh, loose and ready to move.
- Not freak out. I'm freaking out. I'm scared. I'm happy. I'm nervous. I'm calm. I'm anxious. I want the day here. I don't want the day here. I'm hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm sleepless. I can't wake up. I have to poop. I can't poop. You get the idea.
- Stay healthy. No crashing. No bonking. No illness. No nothing.
I'm at the point where, other than positive mental imagery and positive self talk, there is little that I can do to improve the outcome of the day.
There is a shit-ton of stuff I can do to ruin the outcome of the day. I'm actively avoiding these things. They are everywhere. Around every corner.
I am bringing to the table what I have today. So, when you ask me if I'm ready, my answer is yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment