sucks.
I haven't even started officially training, and my right hip is all jacked up.
I had a great run yesterday with my new toy. It showed me exactly how fast I was going, and what my pace was, and where my heart rate was. I love it! 9-10 minute miles. I'm feeling stronger on my runs, able to go for longer at a faster pace. Until I stop running. Then it feels like an ice-pick is being jabbed into my right hip.
Upon doing some very official research on the interwebs, I've diagnosed myself with trochanteric bursitis. And I know what I'm talking about. I work in a hospital and can pronounce that first word. Of course, it could be meningitis of the hip. I've been prone to meningitis of many things. The brain, the knee, the back, pretty much my complaint of the week...meningitis. Ask Dave Kregenow. He knows. And he really does know, he really is a 'doctor', or so he tells us.
RICE today. Tomorrow, I will make an appointment with a sports med orthopedic dude who will most likely confirm my very technical and accurate diagnosis. More to come.
Good luck with the hip, Karen! Injuries are an integral part of IM training. Most of the time you can train throughnthem bu5 sometimes it is really important to take time off and let them heal. You are so early in the game, listen to your body!
ReplyDeleteCould be meningitis.
ReplyDeleteIt's not meningitis
ReplyDelete