Frozen fruit got stuck under the rotating blade located in the cup thing at the bottom. I was pushing it out with my index finger on my left hand, while keeping my right hand located over the trigger (the black button at the top). And the rest, I leave to you to imagine.
The remaining stitches come out on Monday. I did remove several today on the fingerprint side of my finger. They were bugging me. So I took them out. If only all things that bug me were that easy. Bug me? I take you out. Heh.
I took a week off of doing anything, letting the pain subside, and the irritation at myself go away. Then last Sunday, I went for a walk, and about 2 minutes into it, I decided to try and run and see how it felt. I have actually reached that point in my training when I kind of crave the exercise if I haven't had it. I get grumpy and cranky after about two or three days. After 7 days, I was grumpy and cranky. Really really cranky (the family can confirm this diagnosis). So I said what the hell. If it hurts, I'll stop. 4 miles later, I stopped. It felt so good to push it again.
I'm back to running and riding on the trainer. I hope to get the thumbs up for swimming this week when the stitches come out. Given how it looks, I won't be surprised if the hand doc who put it back together says wait. It looks.....god awful. I'm really not even sure what I'm looking at on the nail side. The sensation is really odd too. Of the three sports, the swimming is not the one I'm worried about. If I'm delayed a little bit longer, I think it'll be okay.
I have a new attitude about what happened. If you HAVE to put your finger into a blender stick, I've really had the best outcome. I have movement of the finger. I have sensation. All of that said, I really do believe that the best advice I can give is to NOT put your finger in a blender stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment