Where in the hell have you been?
I've been running, swimming and cycling. I am finding that I have an limited ability to commit to multiple things.
Since recovering from the unfortunate blender incident, followed closely by a cold from hell, my training is back on track. In fact, my running is coming along. I'm up to SIX miles. In a row. Without stopping. S.I.X. 6. six. Never ever thought I'd say that. I am running a 10k (6.2 mile) fun run this week coming weekend. And then another one the weekend before Thanksgiving. I also know that my coach is about to increase my milage. She says my next big running goal will be 10. That will be amazing. To say that I was able to run 10 miles. I'll let you in on a secret, but you can't tell anyone....I'm looking forward to it. In a very weird, being an athlete sort of way.
My two sports that I come to this triathlon with the most strength in, swimming and cycling, did take a hit from the blend incident. I was unable to to swim for about a month. After getting the okay to get back in the pool from the doc, I swam this week. It felt pretty good. Tired but good. The finger feels a little funky in the water, but it doesn't hurt.
Unfortunately, I made the difficult decision to not race cyclocross this season. While my fitness is fine, and I could have done it, the thought of hitting my finger just the wrong way gives me the heebie jeebies. I have two "hot spots" on it, where the nerve endings are just under the skin forming little bumps called neuromas. If I jar either of them just right, I say many bad things. Out loud. And loudly. they hurt like a mother. Cyclocross is just enough on and off the bike, carrying of the bike, and for me, crashing. Not worth the risk. I have been riding on the trainer, and I will be riding outside for the first time this coming Sunday for the first team rides for my cycling team. Yeah! I'll see how it feels, but I'm optimistic that it will not be too bad on that ride. I also need to be careful of getting it too cold. It's always a little bit cold now.
I have also been able to successfully make a smoothie without grave injury to myself. Success!
Keep up the good work Karen!
ReplyDelete