Monday, November 12, 2012

On a rant about something, not quite focused, but it's a rant dammit!

Some days, I feel like shit: My swim feels like a public drowning. My bike feels like some medieval torture device upon which my legs are strapped. And my run feels like every ounce of my being has an increased gravitational pull.

Guess what today felt like?

And yet, I feel oddly like reminding you to just go and do something athletic. We get exactly one body. One. There is no refund policy when we break it. You don't get to trade it in. Yes, there are things you can do (pay for) which may help reverse the damage. But even that is no substitute for using your body the way it was designed. Yes, today hurt. No, it wasn't easy. But it was better than the alternative.

Our bodies were designed to move.

If you haven't moved today, you haven't done your duty to your body.

Would someone PLEASE push me off my soapbox before I go all Richard Simmons on your ass?


No comments:

Post a Comment