Saturday, March 14, 2015

2 weeks of different

Doing something i've never done before. Two weeks of 'clean eating'.

What in the hell does that mean? Well, it basically means that there are no prepackaged, processed foods. The particular plan that i'm following does call for somethings which I know 'purists' will lose their shit over, such as oats, quinoa and lentils. Lose your shit, I don't care. But keep it to yourself please. For me, who tends to eat pretty healthy, even this has been a departure from my normal diet.

I'm actually really enjoying it, and the food is spot on tasty. The thing I'm really struggling with though is the calories. they are too low for my level of activity. I'm done with week one, following it exactly, and I got pretty cranky yesterday. Once I ate something, my mood immediately improved. It's super low calorie, 1300-1500 a day, which is just not sustainable for someone who is a sometime athlete. For week two, I will be increasing the protein portion sizes to up the slow burn calories to a more reasonable level, thus staving off the inevitable crank pants.

The thing that's been such a huge change for me? The amount and variety of vegetables in my meals. And that I have to plan, plan plan! But it really is an awesome switch up, resetting my processed sugar intake (peanut M and Ms, I miss you).

Definitely see myself incorporating many of the meals into my regular diet, especially the overnight oats. BOOM! So good.

what is it you ask? It's from the ridiculous website buzzfeed. I stumbled across it looking at stupid cat videos.

Give it a shot. Surprise yourself. If you're like me, who does do some level of activity, learn from my mistake and up the protein calories.

I'm going to be responsible and say "Don't start any diet or exercise plan without consulting your doctor first". I've learned that knowing your body really really well, and understanding your own physical weaknesses is best described by a trusted physician who really is looking out for your overall health. But remember, unless they say "absolutely not, you shouldn't do X, Y or Z", you don't have ANY EXCUSE except the ones you make up.

Buzzfeed Two Week Clean Eating Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment